Have you ever heard the expression “eat a rainbow?” This dish of grilled broccolini, cherry tomatoes and corn certainly fits the bill and it’s a cinch to make. I often make it for lunch when I’m working from home. It makes enough for two people to share, or you can have the leftovers the next day tossed with rocket, couscous or brown rice. If you’d like to make the dish more substantial, or stretch it to feed another person, top it with a couple of sliced soft boiled eggs. It makes a beautiful side dish for barbecued meat or fish. Serve straight from the grill or at room temperature. If you can’t find broccolini, try asparagus instead. It’s delicious!
PS: If you’d like to read more, please subscribe to my monthly newsletter for stories, recipes and tips for simple, nutritious meals.
Grilled Broccolini, Cherry Tomatoes and Corn
- 1 bunch broccolini rinsed, ends trimmed, stems sliced (keep the leaves on)
- 1 cob corn rinsed, kernels removed
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes rinsed
- 1 tbsp parsely or chives rinsed and chopped
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon zest only
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- pinch sea salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- Preheat grill to 200°C and line an oven tray with aluminium foil.
- Toss broccolini, tomatoes and corn with lemon zest, salt, pepper and oil.
- Spread out evenly over the oven tray and cook for 5 minutes until the tomatoes blister and the broccolini starts to brown.
- While the vegetables are cooking, toast the seeds together in a frypan until they turn golden, roemve from heat and set aside.
- Remove vegetables from the grill, assemble on a plate and sprinkle the seeds, herbs and parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve immediately while hot or at room temperature.