Chimichurri Sauce with Parsley, Coriander and Rocket
Chimichurri sauce with fresh herbs, dried oregano and smoked paprika is an excellent condiment for grilled meat or roasted pumpkin.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, washed and chopped (flat or curly leaf)
- 1 cup rocket leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp mild smoked paprika (or hot if you dare!)
- 1 eschallot, peeed and chopped (or 1/2 red onion)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (subsitute with white wine or sherry vinegar)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the herbs, spices, eschallot and olive oil and blitz briefly with a handheld blender.
If you prefer a chunkier sauce, simply mix it all together by hand.
Stir in vinegar and season to taste.
Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
The sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.