A traditional Mexican dish of raw ingredients that's quick and easy to make, nutritious and delicious.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, washed and diced substitute with 2-3 large tomatoes
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1/2 onion, peeled and chopped substitute with eschallot or white onion
- 1 handful coriander leaves, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2-1 jalapeño pepper, seeds reomved and finely chopped substitutue with serrano pepper, birds eye chilli, or chill flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- flaked sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
Season to taste - you may wish to add more salt or lime juice. Add the extra half of the jalapeno for more heat!
Serve with corn chips or toasted pita bread.
I like to make the tomato salsa just before serving. The flavours will develop if you make it an hour or so in advance. The salsa to become a bit sloppy if you make it the day before.